Sunday, September 20, 2009

You have a friend in Ontario

_MG_1826
Robert and his Wife. Hamilton Pier, Ontario, Canada.

I had the intention of cruising west through Southern Canada and cross back into the USA from Windsor into Detroit but I was so underwhelmed by the drive along the northern coast of the Great Lakes that I came back through Niagara Falls and Buffalo. Just south of Toronto on the coast of Lake Ontario I stopped at the Hamilton Pier as the sun was setting. I had heard before that Ontario has some of the friendliest people in the world and as I pulled off the interstate to check out the view at night from under a dark overpass I found out for myself that the rumor is true.

I met Robert and his Wife who were spending a little time from home in their home away from home camper. He gave me a bit of insight about the differences between Quebec and Ontario because I had just left from Montreal that morning. Thanks again Robert for sharing with me and being an ear to talk to. I wish you all the best.

_MG_1824
Hamilton Pier, Ontario, Canada. Photo by Robert.

I was anxious to get back to Cleveland, OH so I drove into the evening and spent the night just south of Buffalo, NY in Hamburg, NY. The next day I had a short trip into Ohio. I returned to my parents' home in Strongsville, OH and took the time to do some much needed maintenance on my bike.


Total miles traveled so far is 4,600 miles.

_MG_1827
Oil change on a makeshift bike stand in my Father's garage.

_MG_1829
Wildlife in Strongsville, OH.